Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] diesel electric propulsion module

Guys...

My idea of a diesel/electric propulsion module is not meant to be an
optional auxiliary unit that could be added to the rest of the submarine
when needed for a more convenient surface cruising.

On the other hand, my idea with this is that the diesel/electric
propulsion module complete with the entire keel/battery module (read: huge
drop keel, somewhat similar to Alvin's emergency separation) could be
released from the cockpit module, that is, as a last resort in an extreme
emergency situation.

Best regards,
Jens Laland

**
** All part of the service, Frank. Ha!!!
**
** Captain K built two diesel electric Ks, each with a hull flange so he
** could just take the back end off for annual service and so on. What you're
** talking about could be a more or less standard (and short) Kittredge hull.
** It would be pretty cool, I'm thinking.
** Vance