[PSUBS-MAILIST] Rudder angle indicator

Hi all.
My magnetopots ( magnetic potentiometers) arrived today & I was wrapped with them.
The rotary magnetopot was described by Digi-key as 46mm diameter.
It was actually 65mm, which means it can fit larger shafts. The internal hole
which is 26mm can also be bored out to 35mm to fit a larger shaft.
All I had to do to water / pressure proof them was to glue a flat cover on the front.
I did this because I noticed the front was slightly spongy over the track area.
The wires coming out of it also need potting.
Photos & description are on the projects page.
http://www.psubs.org/projects/1235435392/positionsensor/
Jens, my motors will be rotating through 180 degrees so the potentiometer will only be moved
through 5k not 10k. My preferred range is from 7.25k to 2.25k but I can do any 5k range from
10 to 0. How does that work out with your LED indicator? The linear pot will be going through
the full 10k resistance range so that should be OK with your currant circuit.
Can I have your schematic for that??? & what would be entailed for it to work through the 5k
range??
Here's where you find these magnetic pots.
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat=1967210&FV=fff4001e,fffc0389
Regards Alan