Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Rudder Indicator using 3 Reed Relays

Thanks. Nice work. Have you flooded one with oil yet? Pressure tested it? I'd be concerned about all those seams.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan James <alanjames@xtra.co.nz>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sat, Mar 27, 2010 12:17 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Rudder Indicator using 3 Reed Relays

Vance,
Here's a link to my actuator on psubs. It will give you an idea how they work.
http://www.psubs.org/projects/1235435392/linearactuator/
Mine seems to be totally different than Franks. I like his better, much less bulky.
One concern I had was the little micro switches controlling travel, which I felt could get air trapped
in them & randomly stop the actuator at depth due to the compensating oil pushing on their switch.
I poked a hole in mine with a hot needle just to be sure. Also because WD40 doesn't like some plastic
I'm compensating with something more viscous which will have more trouble penetrating into these little devices.
Alan