To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New Guy from down under needs help

Les,

I think you will find these experiments interesting....tests of stainless steel, glass fiber, and carbon fiber cylinders to collapse. The glass and carbon fiber models collapsed at lower pressures than the steel, but there is no data in the video regarding the wall thickness of the cylinders so it's unclear to me if they are apple-to-apple comparisons. Very interesting none-the-less and this researcher has been at it for a long time. It might be worth contacting him. I'm tempted to invite him to Florida for the convention....I think he'd be an excellent and interesting speaker.

Jon

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 53