Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Single Phase to Three Phase Converters (Welding)

Hi Steve,

I have a lathe that was used to make my many Bionic Guppy parts which is a three phase unit. I bought a new electronic phase converter and it works very well.

I'm not sure about a welder power requirement, but my lathe is 5 hp.

I know of many people who have used electric motors well for this purpose, but unless you get the motor for very cheap or have one, it might be less expensive to buy the purpose built unit.

My unit uses 240 volt single phase for input and 240volt three phase for output.

If memory serves me right, I think the cost was $120.00 - $170.00 dollars.

Best Regards,

Jim K