Re: Thru hull seals

John Brownlee,
Hi,  I see you work at the Lunar and Planetary lab.    So they discovered
water on the moon....  I didn't realize there was enough to support a
submarine mission!  lol

On the thru hull seal question....    The hydraulic industry seals rotating
and sliding shafts to 3000 psi all the time... a standard specification for
hydraulic cylinders and motors.   Why reinvent the wheel?   Question to
general membership...  Does anyone have input on reasons NOT to use hydraulic
seals, especially since you can engineer redundant seals in a short space on
one shaft.

Gene
Manteca Ca.