Re: Thru hull seals

	Ahh, you're a step ahead of me. See, I just hate not knowing how
to solve a problem, and this viscosity one falls into that category. So,
when I found a mailing list who share one of my long-time interests,
thought I'd ask. Figured someone out there might have solved this problem
for their own home-made seal, and might be able to point me towards a good
reference on this sort of thing.
	Personally, I think it's very silly NOT to use commercial seals.
They are better made, rigorously designed and tested, and often have good
suggested guidelines for maintainence. Having gone through the archives
before posting (as any new person should, methinks), I'm a little
surprised to hear people aren't using more commercially available parts
for mechanical solutions in the hobby. If we REALLY want to have a HOWTO
page, we might build a list of suppliers for things people are tempted to
build themselves but are better bought, like the current listing of
complete sub manufacturers. I'd be willing to collect the addresses and
things of companies I've used over the years to start it, if there is an
interest in such an effort.

							John

John Brownlee
Lunar and Planetary Lab