Re: CORRECTION: ROV site

SFreihof@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/28/98 2:39:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> Ray.Keefer@eng.Sun.COM writes:
>
> << My only concern is that the wall between the dry and wet parts be strong
>  enough to handle the pressure differential at depth. >>
>
> Hi Ray!
>
> Valid concern.  That presents a problem because the thicker the wall between
> the dry and wet parts, the less effective the coupling because magnetic fields
> decrease by the square of the distance, I think.  I'm wondering what's
> available "off the shelf"?
>
> Stan

OK, so you guys think you have problems?  Maybe we should tell the poor pilot not to rest his
braincase against the mag coupling - dangerous, dontcha know    ;-)

--
Rick Lucertini
in Vancouver, Canada

"To a rational being it is the same thing to act according to nature and according to reason."

    Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, 121 - 180 a.d.