Re: battery boxes

In a message dated 6/30/99 3:11:42 AM, empiricus@sprint.ca writes:

<<
Were the Al2 endcaps sheet or concave?  How thick?  Why not use standard PVC
endcaps?

Sorry, missed this question. The endplates were flat aluminum, about 3/4"
thick as I recall, with a couple of pipe nipples screwed into drilled and
tapped holes for power and for leak detectors. Each plate had 4 "ear tabs"
and 4 long rods with a nut at each end threaded through and holding the whole
thing together. Pods were 48" long, best I can recall, and had not internal
ring stiffeners, although there was some discussion of machining aluminum
rings (1" X 1" in cross section) and just sort of squeezing them into each
pod on 16" centers, but as far as I know this was never done.
Vance