Re: battery boxes

Hi, Vance:
        Yup, the BT vents  on SU  are patterned after Mac Thompson's design
for the Pisces-class ( and Aquarius and Taurus) vents. A little different,
tho' . . .remembering that SU was a study in designing/building an
ultra-cheap sub. The vent is actualy an inverted dry suit exhaust valve
with the 'button' pushed by  a simple o-ring'd  plastic rod/cylinder with a
stiff spring return. Worked OK, as I recall . .I'm sure we have a drawing
in the Acad file which would be better than a napkin - but not as
traditional.(G)
        The upside down bathtub on SU is a combination four section (
forward/saddle/aft) BTs, a sturdy main deck, a mount for lights, ballast
air, O2, all 'ducers, pair of acrylic and mylar rear-view mirrors
(really!), water bag, cameras, etc. I  have the molds, in case the
'Kittercritters' want to make their K250/350's look cooler ( providing the
hatch tower does not exceed 26" diameter) - but then, the Model T look has
a certain charm all of it's own!
        The object with SU was to produce a fully-diveable, certifiable,
lightweight sub with great viz, for under 50K . Boy, that was some task!
The design and testing cost many times that!! But we came out with a pretty
slick design . . .not as neat as the fibreglass, shallow, DeepWorker, but
still pretty OK!

Regards
Phil Nuytten