Re: PVC, PLASTIC COKE BOTTELS & RUBBER SUBS???

On Fri, 02 Jul 1999 11:40:20 -0400, you wrote:

>  A little later at
> around 15" Vac I was tapping on it some more and BANG it flattened faster than
> "lightning", and it did get a lot wider the other way.

I think there's a major difference here. You're talking about making a
vacuum inside, with one atmosphere of pressure outside, which the
material is designed to work with.

I suspect the failure mode would be significantly different if that
item was underwater, since the water outside is pushing on the
outside, rather than just trying to suck the air out like a vacuum
does.

Later,
Jon