Re: Horray for Jon's psubs group sub

"L",

Not to fan the flames but I feel I must comment....the info you get from
this forum and the PSUB's web page is worth the price you pay for it.  You
must remember this is Internet and as such we have a wide exposure to
varied and diverse backgrounds.  I don't believe Ray or Jon ever held
themselves up to be "experts" nor were any claims made that this group
was full of experienced people.  If you read the group's charter it states
this is a group to "promote and encourage the discussion, designing,
building, certifiying, owning and using Personal Submersibles".  Nowhere
does it say
that the group is comprised of experts or experienced Psub'ers.

For what it's worth, I feel Phil Nuytten's participation in this group
more than makes up for the numerous people with no experience.  Why,
Phil is probably the most experienced small sub designer, builder, and
pilot in North America and quite possibly the world.  I can think of no
one I would rather have participate in this group.  (Not only that but
he's friendly and down to earth even if he is an Elvis fan ;-))!

To add to this, there are people on this list with various applicable
backgrounds...engineering, machining, fabrication, etc.  All this makes
for interesting input.  You don't have to be an astronaut to be an expert
in space travel or a pilot to be an expert in airplane design.  Besides,
I don't think anyone is this group has held themselves up to be an expert
in an area they did not have experience in.

I guess the bottom line is that you should accept this group for what
it is...a bunch of people with an interest in Psubs, both experienced
and unexperienced.  Take ANY information given with a grain of salt...
it's worth exactly what you paid for it.  If you want expert, guaranteed
assistance, go out and hire an engineer/pilot/consultant and pay for it!

(No animals were harmed in the construction of this post and any flames
that may have escaped were intended to be shot straight up and not
directed toward any one person!!)  :-)

Al Secor

--
Alan D. Secor