Horray for Jon's psubs group sub

"Fostor",
Great idea!  Purchase Jon Shawl's sub and use it for a group rental psub!
What will we all name it?  Phil will want it named, "Elvis" and paint it
pink like the Elvis Cadillacs.  Bob Holt and Gene will come up with some
good names.  I'm in, for sure.  Where do I send my check for my timeshare
membership?  You run it Vance and keep it mantained in Florida and you start
a real psubs certification website.  That's what's really needed.  I had
thought "many" more on the list "really" had subs.  Not so.  I guess this is
mostly a site just to chat about psubs for 20 years and never build one.
That's OK, I guess if this was admtted to, and was known somewhere on the
psubs Main Page it would be nice and a bit more honest to visitors to this
site.

It takes a few weeks before you realize that nearly everybody is really a
beginner like me except for 2 or 3 and they may not really be current, with
their last dives many years ago.  Am I right?  With just all of the expert
"talk", I now see some people, Jonathan Wallace and Ray Keefer want to have
submarine psubs professional looking "business cards" to carry, we'd all be
the laughing joke throughout the "real" psubs world as just some card
carrying phoney wannabe sub experts.  Am I wrong?  I don't mean to be hard
and direct, but, if you are offended, then the truth hurts.

Sounds like Vance "Vbra" and Jon Shawl and Gary are "real" subbers and Phil
and Al are in the underwater business, but the other 98% don't know squat
and talk from books and not from their real personal experience.  Not to
continue to bruise everyone's egos, how many are even certified scuba divers
like Al Secor said is the first thing you should get? I agree with Vance and
Al.  They tell it like it is.  I think Ginger was asking the same questions
of this list as to who were really sub pilots and she never got a straight
answer that I know of and quit asking because I bet she didn't want to hurt
any member's egos.

I don't either, but I know a newbie coming to this list is hoodwinked into
thinking this site is something it really isn't because of the "smoke and
mirrors" expert sounding postings.  You are all probably nice people with
more dreams than drive or the money it takes to play in this business and
that's OK.  I'd like an Italian muscle coupe for $400,000 so I just blow
through the hot car sites to lurk and dream, so I'm guilty too, but I don't
post phoney "expert, car owner's" e-mails.

I just wanted to share this possibly stinging observation and really mean no
harm as I will continue lurking until I can locate a real psubber to contact
off the list for serious wet sub information that won't leave me trapped
underwater dead.

Fostor, as for your request for the censored "bad JOHN SCHESTAG and Ray
Keefer" (PSUBSGATE) postings of September, last year, I agree, either unlock
them for ALL members to see or remove them from the psubs archives.  Blocked
postings are an insult to members.  Charlie, I'm glad you're back and where
is Ginger, lurking?  Maybe this message will help you, Ginger for your
several wet sub requests.  I ran out of coffee this morning so I feel on
edge as you can tell.

My dear bride has our vacation all scheduled with relatives again, so that
really helped get me started with this message, Fostor.  I'd rather go down
and visit Vance and go subbing.  Is your sub for sale or rent Vance so maybe
psubs can purchase yours?  I'll be just lurking and please take no offence
to my personal opinion, Ray and Jon W., but you know I'm right.

Psubs reminds me of that TV commercial of this guy coming to the rescue and
getting ready to set some poor guy's knee and the guy says "you must be a
doctor" and the other guy says "No, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn last
night!"