Re: Horray for Jon's psubs group sub

Mr. L Lyttle,

You wrote:

> Great idea!  Purchase Jon Shawl's sub and use it for a group rental psub!

Please research product liability.

> You run it Vance and keep it mantained in Florida and you start
> a real psubs certification website.

Also research certification.

>  That's what's really needed.

Are you an expert in commercial sub operations and speak for same?

> I guess this is mostly a site just to chat about psubs for 20 years and never
> build one.

You may know more about human nature than you realize.

> It takes a few weeks before you realize that nearly everybody is really a
> beginner like me

Some people take longer than others.

> we'd all be the laughing joke throughout the "real" psubs world

Now you speak for the entire p-sub world!?

> the other 98% don't know squat and talk from books and not from their real
> personal experience

Intelligent people learn from the personal experience and knowledge that is
contained in books, others just from their own personal experience.

> I know a newbie coming to this list is hoodwinked into
> thinking this site is something it really isn't

See how easily even you can be hoodwinked.

> I will continue lurking until I can locate a real psubber to contact off the
> list for serious wet sub information that won't leave me trapped underwater
> dead

Many p-subbers of the past died.  We learn of their experiences in books!  I
hope to learn of yours before then.  This site will help.

>  I ran out of coffee this morning so I feel on edge as you can tell.

Good planning is part of every dive, and even helps out at breakfast time.

> My dear bride...

Just be thankful, and always remember the "dear" part.

> Psubs reminds me of that TV commercial ...

Less TV and more books is good advice for anyone.