Re: Horray for Jon's psubs group sub

There is one other comment I'd like to make.....I think Ray and Jon
should be commended for putting this news group and web page together.
When I first started surfing the web looking for Psub info I found
little or none.  Then came this news group which put people of
common interests together to discuss their interests, then the web page
became what it is today.  I believe the web page contains a wealth
of information both from pictures and literature references and it
continues to grow!  If nothing else, I found out about the book
"Manned Submersibles" by Busby, from this group, which I think could
be considered the "bible" for any serious Psub'er.  I promptly went
out and searched and found my very own copy (it's been long out of
print) and reference it often.

If what you want is someone to take you by the hand and describe to
you step by step how to build your own sub then you won't find that
in this group.  However, if you want to discuss ideas or get
suggestions for specific problems, then I think you won't find any
resource on the net that is better than this group (unless you are
willing to pay for it).  True, we go off on a tangent once in a
while, beat certain horses to death repeatedly, and even get a fork
in our eye.  We get the occasional crackpot in here who likes to stir
things up, and we get the occasional malcontent.  This is to be expected
in any PUBLIC forum.  All in all though I think Psub's is a valuable
resource to beginners, dreamers and old salts alike!

Al.... (I promise this is my last speech!)

--
Alan D. Secor
e-mail: secor@btv.ibm.com