Re: Typhoon

On Wed, 07 Jul 1999 22:29:29 -0700 Rick Lucertini writes:
>Not sure if I answered this one, so here goes: deck and bottom are
>flat panels.  Sides are simple
>curves (shallow arcs) easily achievable with thin, built up, ply
>layers.

What thickness plywood are you using?

Will you WEST the hull?

>Stern's a wedge with
>slight, simple arcs and the bow's a simple arch, too, but, needs to be
>formed a little more carefully.

You know, I still think a moldless fiberglass apporach would be easier.
This, from a guy who really *likes* plywood.

>All edging can be rounded with a plane, belt sander (roughly with a
>disc sander) and by sharp, heavy hand-held file.

Pictures!   Did anybody get any pictures?!   (Lu Emery, "Voyage to
the Bottom of the Seam:" by Theodore Sturgeon.   I've been waiting
YEARS to use that line.)

Mike