I'm back

Hi,

I am back. I am going through my 1000+ email messages (449 are psubs related!).
As I am reading I am also updating the web site. You will probably want to
wait a few days to look at it since it will be in constant flux for a while.

As a side note, while in England I also managed to visit the Imperial
War Museum in Duxford, near Cambridge. Duxford is primarily set up as
an airplane museum. Actually it is the best airplane museum I have ever seen.
They have a large building for land warfare gear like tanks. The psub related
things there were in Hanger 3.

In Hanger 3 there is 1 1/2 X-crafts there. The whole X-craft was the X-51
(formerly HMS Stickleback). Build in 1954 as one of the final X-craft designs.

The 1/2 X-craft was the remains of the X-7. The X-7 was one of the X-Craft
that attacked the German Battleship Tripiz.

Due to schedule conflicts I was unable to meet with the curator and get inside
the X-51. Sorry. :(    I did take pictures of the outside and I'll add them
as I get them on the site.

I talked to a Public Relations person and she said I just missed the X-Craft
expert. She did give me some tid bits:

1. The X-Craft blue prints are on 6' pieces of linen.

2. I should check with the Natianla Maritime Museum in London to obtain
   further details.

3. Due to the X-Craft being declassified you can get plans now (no details).

All in all a very good trip. Next time maybe I can get inside the X-51. It
seemed much more complete then the X-24 in Gosport.

Regards,
Ray