Re: Typhoon

On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 20:03:08 -0700 Rick Lucertini writes:
>You too, huh?  I skewered my Typhoon  model to insert a diver so I
>could work out the scaling.

Where did you get the diver figure?  What scale is it?

>Thanks - will check it out.  HEY!!! A thought just occurred to me:
>somewhere on the NO-Nags freeware
>page, there's a comprehensive app. that will - are you all ready for
>this - create line drawings from an object in a photograph!

Where, exactly, is this software?   I want it.

>Implication: take several pics of, say a Biber, and it will create
>line drawings for you.  Not bad, hmmmm?

The Seehund worked better.   But I'd try the Biber, too.

>The Seaview was no so good!  Sure looked nice, tho'.

In the years since I first saw it, I've kicked around a "real" Seaview.
I even took the Renwal George Washington kit and replaced the
torpedo room with an observation compartment.   (The torpedo
room went aft, to displace six missile tubes, in its own two-level,
eight-tube compartment.   Wasn't being a bored teen fun?)  The
model vanished somewhere.

I think the Seaview could be done as a psub IF it's accepted that
it'll carry two persons, one of who can't see anything, to shallow
depths.

>In the quest for the Holy Grail of sci-fi design-cool, many space
>craft are designed specifically as cover art for paperbacks.
>There is a wealth of drama there for the pickin's.

The cover art on the paperback of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea"
shows not the Seaview but a huge Skipjack with the observation
compartment faired into the aft end of the sail.

>Think I'm kidding?  Star Trek and Star Wars has motivated more than
>one NASA engineer and astronaut.

Star Wars came along after the space program had been scrapped,
but I hear William Shatner and his crew still get fan mail from retired
NASA types who'd have been accountants without that starship.

>> When you get drawings done, I'd like to see them.
>
>10-4

Thanks.

Mike Holt