Re: Images of Typhoon (was: Typhoon)

On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 20:11:28 -0700 Rick Lucertini <empiricus@sprint.ca>
writes:
>One thing's for sure: if you can't get the plans or they're
>outrageously expensive, look up at your
>model and draw your own.  I love the typhoon (scratch the tower and
>put a canopy, of course; all else remains equal) for its simplicity.

I dunno about the canopy.   It depends on the size of the boat.   If it's
small enough, just use the sail as the canopy.   In a couple of sketches
I did, that was my approach.

The problem with the Typhoon is that expanse of deck and hull forward
of the sail.   The only thing I could figure to do with that was to add
a place for a prone observer.

Mike Holt