Re: PVC, PLASTIC COKE BOTTELS & RUBBER SUBS???

In a message dated 7/2/99 4:42:20 PM, shawl@torchlake.com writes:

<<P.S. If you have any photos of the failed hulls I would love to see them!
Please e-mail them to me if you can. Maybe the group would also like to see
the
results of the pressure we are all trying to deal with. I get the feeling that
a lot of jaws would drop to see what can happen at the speed of lightning! I
wish now that I had taken photos of my failed hull.

Jon,
	John Perry was standing by the pressure tank when the tail cone
(motor room section) in the PC-15C failed at 1500 feet. There had been a
long, skeptical discussion about the need for a single ring stiffener in
there, and the engineers sweet-talked Uncle John into not doing it. The motor
room had a whale of a lot of gear in it, and the ring was going to cause some
sort of problem.
	Needless to say, the LACK of a ring caused a BIG problem. The failed
section was replaced, of course, and used to hang on the wall (using several
great big bolts, of course) as a reminder to one and all.
Vance