Re: pressure hull size

On Fri, 02 Jul 1999 18:43:19 -0400 Charles Samardza writes:
>I'm curious as to what diameter hulls are common among the personal
>submarines being built.  I've found some possible designs in Th. 40 to
>52 inch diameter range and I'd appreciate some input.

Try this:  Sit on the floor in the position you expect to hold in your
sub.
Measure the longest vertical or horizontal distance.    You'll surprised.
I found that I could fit into something about 34 inches in diameter.

But I'd like to be able to move a bit.

I looked at patents for balloon capsules (anyone else remember that?).
They were about the size I figured as my absolute minimum.

Michael B. Holt
Oregon Hill, Richmond, Virginia, U.S.A.