Re: Wztching for surface traffic (was: Submarine Movie? or TV?)

On Sun, 4 Jul 1999 17:33:47 EDT VBra676539@aol.com writes:
>No, but it would need to be directional to make any difference. You
>can hear an outboard for a long way from u/w already.

How difficult is a directional acoustic sensor?

My first thought -- I had this one when I was a teen, a long time ago
(well,
not that long) -- was to have two microphones.   One would point upwards
and the other would be aimed in any horizontal direction.

Michael B. Holt
Oregon Hill, Richmond, Virginia, U.S.A.