Re: Launch Sites

In a message dated 7/5/99 6:01:37 PM, Subscuba@aol.com writes:

<<Vance,

Could you suggest a site where I could test my Sub down in the West Palm
area? I live only about 2 hours north of that area.

Do you think Crystal River would work for some final tests before the
Atlantic?

Ken Martindale

Any number of good areas are handy, depending on what you want to do. The
reef lines off Ft Pierce are at 30, 60 & 90 feet with fairly gentle currents.
At Jupiter, the Gulf Stream is much closer. It has some really interesting
dive sites but more current. Palm Beach is the same. Neat sites, great viz
(some days) and pretty tough surface currents (some days). Best skinny water
area I know about is Biscayne Bay. Takes me 2h 20min or so from here to get
to Florida City and then you're just 10 miles from the Marine Preserve,
without the Pennekamp hordes.
Vance