Re: Level of technology

Michael B Holt wrote:

> [snip]
> Look at the old stuff.   Between them, Holland and Simon Lake may have
> answered some questions.   If anyone's interested, I'll go ahead with my
> project to collect the old patents, and make then available.
>
> Mike Holt
> ("Lazy" is what it's really all about.)
> --

You may get a kick out of Richard Compton-Hall's "Submarine Boats - the Beginnings of Submarine
Warfare".

He goes into design rationale in a big way.  What we're dealing with here on the list is getting
underwater.  All the problems were solved before our parents were born (even mine).  All the rest is
icing.

Rick

--
????กำ?