Re: Typhoon

Jonathan Shawl wrote:

> Michael B Holt wrote:
>
> Rick Lucertini <empiricus@sprint.ca>
> > writes:
> > >Keeping the canoe, but, it's easier to build a Typhoon style hull with
> > >ply that to refit a canoe.
> >
> > Rick, how are you going to develop the shape of the Typhoon hull in
> > plywood?
> [snip]

> For more info see
> http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/typhoon/index.html#specs
> I don't see how the flat plywood panels fits in. The sub is mostly all curved
> except the flat deck.

Jon - just got back from the link you sent.  The images aren't very revealing. Try going to a
modeling web page that specializes in subs.  Also, I'll send both you and Michael som JPG's I've
got.  Anyone else want'em lemme know.

Take a good look at the stern wedge and the decks.  The bottom of the boat duplicates the decks.
The bows are a very simple curve that can be built up out of thin ply layers.  The corners of the
bows can easily be built up using carvable foam block, then glassed over.

Rick

--
????กำ?