A Source for X-Craft Plans

Psubbers,

A recent posting, by Ray himself I believe, spoke of arranging to get plans
for the WWII British midget submarines of the X-class.  Last year a fellow
psubber, Brian Danielson, provided me with a source for such plans:

Rocky Mountain Shipyard
590 Ronlin Street
Grand Junction, CO 81504
(970) 434-0703
(800) 546-7447
rms@iti2.net
www.iti2.net/~rms/

These are plans are for the post-WWII X-Craft, the X-51 Class: Sticklback,
Shrimp, Sprat and Minnow, built 1954-1955.  This information and these prices
are from 1998, so they may be dated.  They offer 5 sheets, each sheet is 2
feet by almost 3 feet, and cost $14.00:

L/S/35A	Profile, 2 deck plans
L/S/35B	Port long., 7 cross-sections, internal layout
L/S/35C	Starboard long., 6 cross-sections, key
L/S/35D	Docking plans, tank data
L/S/35E	Body plan, 2 cut-away perspectives of hull and interior

I grabbed the whole set, and considered myself lucky, because I want to build
a really BIG boat.  But if you want to order only one sheet, to see what you
are getting, I recommend 35C, because it includes the "key".  Every component
of the submarine is numbered, and the key lists what each of those 324
numbers means.  The second most useful sheet is 35D, because it lists the
volumes and capacities of all 35 onboard tanks.

Doug Farrow