Christening subs (was: Missile recovery trips)

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 22:33:43 EDT SJSVOB@aol.com writes:
>Well you can ring my diving bell anytime!  Ever had occaision to
christen a
>sub in those high heels and bikini?  I think a picture of that in the
PSubs
>gallery would serve as inspiration for any aspiring PSubber.  There
>are magazines with models on Harleys, why not babes on PSubs?

Did you read my list of reasons a personal submersible is better
than a girl?

Does anyone know if there's any special procedure or tradition when
launching a submarine?   We might be able to arrive at a "psubs standard"

christening and launching ceremony.

At every launching I've ever heard of (except Harland & Wolff), there's
a prayer.  For a psub, some special requests for divine intervention
should be kept in mind: calculating the weight correctly in spite of
the interruptions of small children, the need for making material
substitutions because of the unreasonable request from the wife
for new shoes or food and the need to use non-standard equipment
due to cost (i.e., replace the VHF with a Fisher-Price walkie talkie).

Seriously, now: anyone have any ideas?   Phil?   Vance?   Did you guys
ever see anything relevant and unique?

Mike Holt