Re: design team

    So far I have stayed out of this issue about the use of Psubs for
non-related or semi-related posts, and yes, I am posting, right here, an
issue post myself.  But, I would like to state my opinion on separating
issues, from the exchange of genuine psubs information.  I have gotten
frustrated at the large number of posts that are only slightly related to
any info for subs.  I have also been frustrated when I sign on and find 6
or 8 posts from the same person in a row, with little or no relation to
useful information.  I agree that their should be two separate areas for
posting.  I do not believe that this is a social forum but a technical one
and it should remain that way.  The other day, I went 24+ hours without
checking my mail and had 40 or 50 emails to look through.  Interesting
psubs facts can hide in this many emails and I know there are others that
are equally frustrated with the sifting process.  It is easy to miss an
email form an individual if they are not all checked and I am sure I have
missed emails from psubbers thinking they were posting to the group in
general and not to my address.
    As far as the mission statement goes, I endorse such a statement but it
should be broad enough to cover most psubs interest areas.  In regard to an
actual design of a psub's submersible, I do not believe that this is
practical.  Why don't we stick to the exchange of related information and
help those people trying to get started find their way.  In so doing Psubs
will have completed it's number one mission.

Gary Boucher