Re: ambiant fiberglass hull

In a message dated 7/21/99 3:08:22 AM, HUNTR2@aol.com writes:

<< a message dated 7/20/99 6:55:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
michaelbholt@juno.com writes:

<<
 Kent Markham did a two-seat design using an aircraft drop tank.   It
 seems >>
These hulls are shaped very much like a drop tank.  I'll try to get a picture
of one.
There are a bunch of them, but the guy that has them thinks they are gold.
He's old and I figured I could out live him and get them all at auction for
next to nothing.  As it is now, we're looking at about $300 each.  Shipping
to Kent?  I dunno!  probably another $300.   still couldn't begin to build
one for that with forms and all.
Gene Seus>>

Gene-

Are these things lying up in the weeds somewhere close to you? As in: could
you run over there and check a couple of things? Length? Diameter?
Approximate weight with the foam out of the hull? The guy's willingness to
part with them? Current condition? Will he ship? And would we be better off
getting several guys together and buying several of them or should we contact
him directly? How do you feel about brokering this little deal?

Could be a pain in the hind quarters if you don't want to in the first place,
but I'll bet our bunch will buy a few of these things. I probably will, if it
approaches the right size. I would probably jump on one. Would like to bang
together something shaped like the old Perry Reef Hunters. Split the parvane
down the middle, add a section to widen it, plexi in the front, propellers in
the back, and off we go. Could be a lot of fun in Biscayne Bay and Pennekamp.

Vance