Re: ambiant fiberglass hull

In a message dated 7/21/99 1:28:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
VBra676539@aol.com writes:

<<
 Gene-

 Are these things lying up in the weeds somewhere close to you? As in: could
 you run over there and check a couple of things? Length? Diameter?
 Approximate weight with the foam out of the hull? The guy's willingness to
 part with them? Current condition? Will he ship? And would we be better off
 getting several guys together and buying several of them or should we
contact
 him directly? How do you feel about brokering this little deal?

Hi Vance,
I've had my eye on these for a long time.  Just refused to spend any money
until I knew what I really wanted.  I'll talk to the old guy today and see if
his mood is good.  I'll get dimensions.  I know they are light weight I can
lift one end even with the floatation in them.  The "old guy" (each year that
passes I use that term more carefully) took off all the stainless fittings
and attachments a few years ago when stainless scrap prices were high.  I
thought it would be interesting to design a kit around these and sell them as
a kit.  There are at least 75.   When they are almost gone, use a couple for
forms.
I'll have my son scan a picture (he's more techno than I am).  Do I send it
to Ray? or John?
Gene Seus