Re: ambiant fiberglass hull

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:05:36 EDT HUNTR2@aol.com writes:
>These hulls are shaped very much like a drop tank.  I'll try to get a
picture
>of one.   There are a bunch of them, but the guy that has them thinks
they are
>gold.   He's old and I figured I could out live him and get them all at
auction for
>next to nothing.  As it is now, we're looking at about $300 each.

Hold old is this guy?   And how did he obtain the floats?

(Does anyone out there get the DoD surplus sales brochures?    I have in
the past, but don't any more.)

>Shipping to Kent?  I dunno!  probably another $300.   still couldn't
begin to
>build one for that with forms and all.

Shipping to me in Richmond might be worse.

Ypou know, homebuilders of small airplanes create shapes like this one,
in the proper size, with no molds, and of fiberglass.   Perhaps that's a
good direction to follow.

Mike Holt