Ginger's Sub Cycle

Thank you Dick and Jack,
This is just a crazy prototype concept for a Sub Cycle.  I was going to ask
Huffy Bikes or Schwinn to look at it with their neat engineering
capabilities, I could just do my crude working prototype for the basic
concept.

For example, I would put 8 pieces of split garden hose over the copper
tubing on each side of the 2 X 4's to keep them centered on the copper
tubing.  The driven pedal crank arms would have several holes down each
crank and are for the best moment arm and needed travel for the four fin
range of travel for optimum propulsion.  Loosely fitting handle bars could
have little dive vanes on the front handle bars for basic mechanical dive
planes for vertical dive and surfacing aid while under power or just stop
and do a slow tank blowing surfacing in a controlled ascent.

The overhead large PVC pipe (air tank) is very low pressure air for descent
and ascent and is braced in four places with tubes flattened on the ends and
drilled with four wingnuts off four stud screws on both the PVC tube and the
Sub Cycle frame.  Pedal power tests could test the range via fatigue facture
of the pilot's strength and endurance.  The streamline would be fine if you
can still quickly bail out do to any malfunction of the Sub Cycle which
would have a small positive buoyancy to surface on it's own.

A really good custom metal worker could really clean up my idea for
production and fabricate a much better concept Sub Cycle and optimize the
engineering and use modern techniques for a company like Wal Mart to sell.
I'd buy a professionally built one in a heartbeat.

Phase II would be to add two side PVC pipes and blow those tanks to lift you
up a little more in the water so both of the crew's heads are just above
water for resting and looking around before you again vent the tanks for a
nice controlled dive along the bottom.  Should you both dismount the Sub
Cycle, it would be at neutral bouyancy and not pop to the surface if you
desire.

You could do loops and sharp turns at a few knots.  Of course, you could add
electric fishing motors and sealed batteries but that's way in the future.
The whole Sub Cycle would break down and fit into a trunk of a car and could
be a kit to build or just purchase it ready to go diving.

So happy you didn't laugh at my concept.  As least not in my face anyway.
<grin> .  Jack, what's "lol"?  "Lots of Luck"? or "Lean over Lady"?  Don't
worry, your nice wife loves you dearly and likes to kid around with you.
Thanks for your comments, from both of you.  I'm getting sleepy.  Bye,
Ginger