New hull shapes (was: crude childhood submersible death-trap fun)

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999 02:37:37 EDT SJSVOB@aol.com writes:
><Come on. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has fantasized about
arming
>his little u-boat, or at least sneaking up on fishermen and swimmers
with it.>

>I always wanted to arm my canoe.  I thought maybe a long prod on the
front
>just under the water with an explosive on the tip.  Or maybe a serrated
sword
>attachment so when I got going really fast I could rip right through the

>middle of another canoe.

We need to talk off-list.   I've worked up the basics of the hull plans
for a plywood
version of a trireme.   I call it a monoreme, because it has a single row
of oars.

For those who want their submersible to have a memorable appearance, I've
also worked up shapes of several WW2 German U-boats and the British
"Oberon" class
of 1926.   Is there any desire to place a facade around a boat to scare
the natives?

Mike Holt