[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pisces V and I-400

jimtoddpsub at aol.com jimtoddpsub at aol.com
Tue Dec 3 13:02:17 EST 2013

Pisces V discovered the resting place of the Japanese submarine I-400 just three miles off Barbers Point, Hawaii in August, however the discovery was kept secret until it was cleared with the US State Department for announcement yesterday.  The I-400 was one of just a few Japanese aircraft carrier submarines which carried three light bomber aircraft each.  They were surrendered at sea at the war's end, but later scuttled to avoid having to grant access to the Russians per treaty.  They were twin-hulled and over 400 feet long.
-Jim
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/02/japanese-submarine-world-war-ii_n_4375090.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisces_V
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-400-class_submarine