[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. summary Design Loads

Jon Wallace jonw at psubs.org
Fri Dec 6 11:11:51 EST 2013

Jim,

Yes, there's certainly a point in all brackets where it would behoove
the owner to bump up the nominal dive depth (operating depth) to take
advantage of lower ratios.  I believe ABS uses a static 1.25 ratio for
all vessels regardless of operating depth. GL would appear to be more
conservative than ABS in this category.

Jon