[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. summary Design Loads

Alan alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 11:38:13 EST 2013

Hi Jim,
Yes you are right.
I used feet as an illustration, where they use metric pressure
in their table.
I like their scale system, because if you are building for a
shallow depth, with a thin sectioned hull, then any small margin of
error will have a bigger impact than on a thicker hull.
As a simple illustration, if you were building 3mm thick & ended up
2 mm that's a 33% error, whereas if you built 10mm thick & were out
by the same 1mm, that's only a 10% error.