[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. summary Pressure Hull

Jon Wallace jonw at psubs.org
Wed Dec 11 16:41:50 EST 2013

Advantage: ABS

I think the sentence being scrutinized may perhaps just be badly
worded.  With the exception of some intricate mechanism that equalizes
as part of a sequence to open the hatch as Jim suggested, I don't see a
way to comply with the requirement without the involvement of
electronics.  Philosophically I don't think I want to rely on an
electromagnet or boolean logic giving me permission to exit the vessel.
If Jim's mechanism turns out to be to complicated then Doug's concern is
valid...remember Apollo 1.

Jon