[PSUBS-MAILIST] Printed Kort Nozzle

Alan James alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 19:56:16 EST 2013

Hank,
I bought a plastic pressure regulator recently that has an
inlet pressure of 10 bar & was made of nylon reinforced
with glass fiber. so where strength is needed the commercially
manufactured plastic items have glass added. Of course this
would have been formed in an injection molder under a lot of
pressure, so the thickness of the molten plastic wouldn't matter.
You may be right that in the thin sections something other than
resin will work better. However possibly small amounts of milled
fiber in resin might be stronger than alternative materials without it.
With regard to bubbles in castings; you can always patch up the
surface later. If you leave the printed shell on they won't show.
Alan