[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. Submersible Classification

Jon Wallace jonw at psubs.org
Mon Nov 25 21:37:33 EST 2013

I don't have any issues with it as long as the discussion remains
objective.  I have been reminded that we have a working relationship
with ABS that we've worked hard to build up over the years and don't
want to jeopardize.  However, we would certainly entertain and approve
of a working relationship with GL as well, and any others that might
want a working relationship with PSUBS. I would also note that we do
have links to GL on our website right now at WWW.PSUBS.ORG -> Resources
& Reference -> Guidelines & Standards -> Germanischer Lloyd AG
(hopefully still current).

I've never personally looked at certification as "us vs them". Kittredge
used both ABS and Lloyd's, as has Nuytco I believe.  In fact, Kittredge
also used Nippon once.  I believe the choice usually comes down to
financials rather than one set of rules being better than another.

If you think there's a propensity for the discussion to get critical of
a particular certifying authority let's have it on the member-only list
instead of the public list.

Jon