[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. Submersible Classification

Alan James alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 22:52:15 EST 2013

Hi Jon,
I have very little idea as to what requirements there are in both,
other than what I've heard over the years on this site & snippets elsewhere.
They could be very close, I don't know.
I intend to read through ABS as well but for some reason I've started on G.L..

I doubt there will be an issue of competition here as I can't see too many Psubbers
wanting to spend the money to certify. However from a safety standpoint there may
be some interest. And either group would be a good guideline for this.
I could start with ABS, but members may be more familiar with them than G.L., &
able to comment on discrepancies.
I think Jim & David were interested in following classification guidelines.
How far are you two down the track with this? And would it be preferred if we went
over ABS instead???
Regards Alan