[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. Submersible Classification

brian brian at ojaivalleybeefarm.com
Tue Nov 26 02:20:32 EST 2013

When these agencies review a new sub do they evaluate how all the components interact in an overall comprehensive way?  What if a sub has some type of out of the ordinary feature or new type of material used?  Is it up to the manufacturer to prove the case for the new component?  Would they require additional testing on such a component or would engineering calcs suffice ?  What if you had a mechanical arm, but it didn't really work very good, is that something they would be concerned about?
Brian