[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. Submersible Classification

Phil Nuytten phil at philnuytten.com
Tue Nov 19 21:52:34 EST 2013

E-Mail Software 6.0Alan
RE: cost of sub certification - If you do all the test documentation, plan approval docs, FEA’s, Von Mises, construction drawings, electronic schematics, piping diagrams and sub-system drawings, yourself – figure about $50,000.
Phil
BTW, putting a patentable idea out in the ‘public domain’ most certainly doesn’t safeguard against anyone copying it – in fact, it may well be the exact opposite! ‘Public Disclosure’ may well prohibit the ability to engage the patent  process, period. (Not trying to chuck cold water, but check the US patent act and that’s what you’ll find . . . if you intend to disclose prior to patenting, then at least apply for a ‘Provisional Patent’ – dirt  cheap, and protects you for 12 months or so )