[PSUBS-MAILIST] G.L. Submersible Classification

Alan alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 05:21:05 EST 2013

Thanks everyone for those figures on classification costs.
The patent topic stemmed from a joke of Jon's, however
I still feel that if someone patented an idea that came out of a
public forum, that that patent could be challenged on the grounds of  prior
art work.
Prior art (also known as state of the art, which also has other meanings, or background art[1]), in most systems of patent law,[2] constitutes all information that has been made available to the public in any form before a given date that might be relevant to a patent's claims of originality. If an invention has been described in the prior art, a patent on that invention is not valid.
Also http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/s2128.html
Electronic media & prior art.
    Back to the Classification; Phil gave a good summary of what is required in the form of
documentation to be supplied to the classification agency after going in to contract with them
& prior to the build.  It is outlined in section 2E in the GL classification guide lines.
It is HUGE & includes documentation & drawings for the whole system, a manual for maintain acne & operation etc etc.