[PSUBS-MAILIST] Surface Transit and power requirements

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 29 11:49:14 EST 2013

Joe,
I have a similar plan, I hope to take a gas powered concrete saw that I already have, and mount a 24v alternator to it.
The nice thing about this engine is, it is 2stroke and it has a belt drive clutch on it already.   It is basically a big chainsaw engine made by Huscavarna.  The idea is it will fit in a 5 gal pail with a sealed lid stowed in the sub.  I will make a mount on the deck of the sub to clamp it in.  I should be able to make 60a at 24v with it.  I am just not jumping into this until I   am sure I need it.   With 8 agm golf cart batteries I think I will have a 14mile range?
Hank