[PSUBS-MAILIST] Air conditioner

JimToddPsub at aol.com JimToddPsub at aol.com
Sun Oct 6 20:40:10 EDT 2013

Hank,

The closest relevant experience I've had was with the A/C  units on a motor
home.  I always had to run the generator if I wasn't  plugged into shore
power, so either way the A/C was running off 120v; batteries  couldn't handle
it.  On a tender I'm planning on a small  A/C configured as a portable unit
of the right size to meet the need.   Too large a unit (BTUs) can drop the
temp without dehumidifying.

A flat disk covers the open hatch, and a duct runs from  the A/C unit
through a hole in the disk.  Another hole in the disk allows  the warm, wet air
to escape.  Depending on the circumstances, it may or may  not be best to
duct the return to the A/C unit so cooled air is recycled through  the unit and
progressively stepped down in temperature.

Dang it was cold when I got back to Missouri!  Made  me want to turn around
and go back to Florida.

Cheers,
Jim

In a message dated 10/6/2013 6:18:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,