[PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive report - Pickles Reef

Marc de Piolenc piolenc at archivale.com
Sat Oct 12 07:40:29 EDT 2013

My thinking exactly in planning air intake into the cabin, drawn by and
into the engine.

Good point about residual heat when diving. My only "solution" to this
would be to provide a thermosiphon loop that would continue cooling the
engine's heat exchanger while diving, but that would of course mean that
the whole heat exchanger system would have to be built to withstand full
dive depth. Not very satisfactory. I suppose one could either close off
the engine compartment while diving or just spend some time on the
surface prior to diving to allow the heat to dissipate.

Marc

--
Archivale catalog: http://www.archivale.com/catalog
Polymath weblog: http://www.archivale.com/weblog