[PSUBS-MAILIST] Best Steel to use for Sub Hull

vbra676539 at aol.com vbra676539 at aol.com
Tue Oct 22 18:23:10 EDT 2013

Jim,
A537 was used extensively, as well, especially in the early boats that Perry built. Maybe you can figure it out. It seems that I recall being told that it was somewhat harder to weld but had better cold-water-under-pressure properties. Maybe Dr. Nuytten would weigh in on this, assuming he isn't up to his ass in DW3000 alligators this week (which I suspect he is).
Vance