[PSUBS-MAILIST] newbie with no background whatsoever

Jon Wallace jon.wallace at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 14:17:24 EDT 2013

You've found your best resource.

There are some good introductory books you can start studying...one is "Manned Submersibles" by Frank Busby which you can order through the website but it is also available online.  The busby server does go down occasionally but if you let me know I can usually start it back up within minutes.  Dan Lance can name off the other book that he recommends as required reading (I just can't recall the name of it right now).  Once you get your feet wet, Stachiw's Handbook of Acrylic is also a very good book and should be considered a requirement.

At some point you are going to need to translate your dream into reality, meaning drawings, calculations, etc.  This group is an excellent resource to bounce those ideas off.

Jon