[PSUBS-MAILIST] newbie with no background whatsoever

Stephen Fordyce stephen.fordyce at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 22:02:29 EDT 2013

G'day Matt,
If it's an ROV you're after, there is a good project which originated on
kickstarter called "OpenROV" - Google it. It's open source so the plans are
available free, but you can also buy kits and assemblies depending on your
budget and inclination to build. I'm part way through building my
all-parts-included kit and although some of it wouldn't pass muster in a
sub context, it's pretty well thought out and seems to work.

There are also ROV books out there - I have Underwater Robotics: Science,
Design and Fabrication by Steven Moore which I haven't read properly but
seems a reasonable resource.

Cheers from Australia,
Steve