[PSUBS-MAILIST] newbie with no background whatsoever

JimToddPsub at aol.com JimToddPsub at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 16:39:02 EDT 2013

Good afternoon, Matt,

Welcome aboard.  You really have a pretty good background  particularly
with the physics.  Manned Submersibles by R. Frank  Busby is considered the
bible on the subject.  The purple hardcover version  is what you want and not
one of the paperback reprints that lack the pictures  and charts.  Here's a
link:
http://www.amazon.com/Manned-submersibles-R-Frank-Busby/dp/B0006CRZRI/ref=sr
_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382557994&sr=1-1&keywords=manned+submersibles

Explore the Psubs.org web site.  You'll find enough  information and design
tools to keep you busy and entertained for days.  I  would also highly
encourage you to go to the Membership tab (far right on  the home page) and join
up.  You then will have access to the  Member Forum, the member directory,
and can post a profile on your membership  page.

James Franklin's http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/  is one of the best I've
seen on an individual project from beginning to  launch.  The launch was
just about a week ago.

Best wishes,
Jim

In a message dated 10/23/2013 11:49:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time,